Zed or Alive is a campaign-based miniatures skirmish game using the award-winning Savage Worlds: Showdown! system set in the years following the zombie apocalypse. You control one of several human group types such as Survivors, Tribals, or Military and battle each other and the ever-present zombie menace to gain weapons, supplies, and dominance!
Alternately, you may choose to play as a Virus Strain, gaining evolutionary material with every battle and evolving to become increasingly lethal!
The goal for our project is to provide players with a fast, furious, and fun miniatures game that allows them to use any zombie or survivor figures to play out campaigns just like your favorite zombie movies and shows!
- Uses the award-winning Savage Worlds: Showdown! System! (Available for free!)
- Use any miniatures you like!
- Three basic human group types!
- Rules for mutating your own Virus Strain!
- Tons of Confrontations that are playable head-to-head, cooperatively, or solo!
- Robust Campaign System! Watch your group grow from battle to battle!
- Massive armory with just about every anti-zombie weapon imaginable!
- Jury-Rigging system for constructing makeshift zombie-killing weapons!
- Rules for mounts, vehicles, even training pet dogs!
- Compatible with the Savage Worlds RPG - use ZoA as a role-playing sourcebook, create characters, use them in skirmish battle games, and vice-versa!
- Tons of setting-specific rules!
- Compatible with conventional 28mm, 20mm, or even 15mm miniatures!
- 100 pages of content!